This healthcare service provider wanted to make activity-based funding recommendations on results by better understanding and analyzing patient data.
Using KnowledgeSEEKER™ and Angoss Strategy Trees, the company developed valuable models, and gained more insight from patient data.
The company created an accurate baseline for treatment costs, extracted key pieces of information from patient and treatment data, and realized an overall increase in actionable insight and time savings.
A non-profit, independent, federal and provincial government organization, providing healthcare insights for budgetary and planning purposes, and improved outcomes.
This health care information provider (HCIP) looked to predictive analytics to achieve a number of goals, including:
- Developing an efficient way to identify and understand patient co-morbidity rates, treatment outcomes, and overall treatment costs when examining patient discharge data spanning across 27 critical databases
- Understanding which combination of attributes affected the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of patient health and per patient cost
This insight will allow the HCIP to make activity-based funding recommendations based on results for transparent and accurate reimbursement to healthcare facilities for services rendered.
The company used Angoss KnowledgeSEEKER™ and it’s unique, patent pending Strategy Trees to gain more insight into factors contributing to patient risk, susceptibility, treatment outcomes, and overall cost. With Angoss software, the company was able to:
- Build models that layer in KPIs representing patient outcomes and treatment costs across facilities with varying treatment and/or research specialties, geographies, patient demographic data etc.
- Gain actionable insights into the funding requirements that ensure optimal patient health while reducing per patient treatment costs
- Create a “Facility Effectiveness” model based on multiple trees and an unlimited number of depended variables where they then compare multiple trees to find correlations in a single, holistic view
The organization gained a further understanding of factors contributing to different forms of patient data.
The information and insights the organization gained from utilizing KnowledgeSEEKER contributed to noteworthy results:
KnowledgeSEEKER helped the organization better understand patient data while realizing an increase in actionable insight and time savings.
“The ease-of-use and flexibility of Angoss’ Strategy Trees is what makes them unlike any other tool on the market. They helped us quickly identify our KPI’s which we used to develop successful strategies.”
– Senior Analyst
KnowledgeSEEKER™, part of the predictive analytics suite of products, is an advanced analytics and data mining workbench. It delivers a robust set of capabilities for the development and deployment of data mining models for a wide range of applications and use cases. Users benefit from an intuitive, wizard-driven interface with Angoss patented Decision Trees and unique Strategy Trees at its core.
Uncover the meaning in your customer data with Angoss Text & Social Analytics. Speak to one of our product specialists now.